Wednesday, September 19, 2012


My Response to Kimberley and Naomi J.’s Reading Responses:

The first reading response that I really enjoyed was from Kimberley in class 812. I really liked her reading response because of the way she didn’t just write it like a normal response. Instead, she spoke to the audience as though you were talking to her. She wasn’t afraid to speak her mind in what she wrote and she was very honest to the audience in  a sense that she didn’t hold back. I liked that she could relate to the main character and that she didn’t hold back by explaining how. To me this made the response more real and less robotic.  I didn’t feel like she was just feeding us what she thought we wanted to hear, she actually brought a sense of reality to the typical reading response.

I also liked Naomi J.’s response. One thing I noticed was that Naomi thoroughly explained some basic definitions that you needed to know to understand the response. This I liked because for those who never read the book it seemed very helpful. Being that I have read that book before I could understand details like the ones she explained. I could also agree with many of the things she discussed. For example, she discussed how the Urb, in the book The Last Book in the Universe, was much like our world in today’s bad economy. I like that she related the real world to the world in the book because it showed that although it is a Sci-Fi book, there are things that can relate to the real world.

Below are the URL's to both blogs:
Kimberley’s Blog - kimymogrovejo0.blogspot.com
Naomi J’s Blog - thestarbookcafe.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment